Proper Protection for Your Travel Trailers and RVs
Enjoy the open road with the peace of mind that your recreational vehicles are fully covered. Youngs Insurance will give you expert advice on the right insurance for your vehicles. You will:
- Get coverage that’s tailored to the risks your vehicle faces
- Get insured at a price that makes sense
Fill out the form to get started.
Select from Different Types of Coverage
Type A Coverage
Also known as Motorhome or RV insurance, Type A coverage is for recreational vehicles that you drive to a destination. It provides you with coverage for all perils, emergency expenses, liability coverage, personal property protection, and depreciation waiver.
Type B Coverage
Type B is an add-on coverage to protect your travel trailer, tent trailer, fifth-wheel trailer, and truck campers.
Note that travel trailers aren’t considered a motor vehicle, so it doesn’t need its own auto insurance policy. If it’s towed, a travel trailer is protected by the same liability coverage as your auto insurance. However, it won’t be included in other forms of coverage, such as comprehensive or collision. This is why, in many cases, the travel trailer needs its own Type B coverage.
Trailers up to 40’ long can be covered, and policies often include protection from all perils, liability, and personal property coverage. If needed, you can get coverage for emergency expenses and loss of use.
Any four-wheel vehicle that’s self-propelled requires insurance, whether it’s driven on roads, off-road, ice, or snow.
- Liability insurance protects you from financial loss in case of an accident where you’re at fault and covers expenses for bodily injury.
- Comprehensive insurance compensates you for damage to your ATV caused by floods, fire, and vandalism.
- Collision insurance provides funds to repair or replace your ATV in the off chance that you hit another vehicle or object.
If you’re operating a snowmobile anywhere apart from the owner’s property, you are legally obliged to carry the minimum:
- $200,000 in Third-Party Coverage
- Direct Compensation-Property Damage coverage
- Statutory Accident Benefits Coverage
- Uninsured Automobile Coverage