As a classic car enthusiast you know better than anyone else, how much time, money, and love you have invested in your “Baby”.
Investing in classic car insurance is a must. In just the Niagara Region alone, 4 classic cars, in less than 4 months were stolen over last summer, one worth $100,000!
Consider the following factors when choosing the type of coverage you will need, in order to get the insurance policy that is just right for you.
Of UTMOST importance – make sure you tell your insurance provider when you upgrade your vehicle or add to it in any way to ensure you are insured for your what your classic vehicle is worth. (Obtain an appraisal from a licensed, insured, and bonded appraiser)
- Do you require a year-round or seasonal use policy?
- Seasonal use policies are a perfect choice if you only use your classic car in the warmer months.
- Year-round policies allow for driving your classic car through all the seasons.
- Either of the above policies normally does not allow for regular travel or home-to-work driving.
To prepare a classic car insurance quote for you, the insurance provider will look at:
- How much driving you will do
- Where you keep the vehicle when it is not being driven
- Your driving record
- Comprehensive Classic Car policies will protect your vehicle even while it is in storage in the event of theft, fire or damages.
MODIFIED Classic Cars – If you have modified your vehicle to the point where it is not legally roadworthy or is not considered a “road vehicle” anymore, this must be disclosed, or your claim can be denied and renewal for other insurance policies, not granted.